This is my favourite activity to do with children of all ages, but I have to say for my niece and nephew it was a particular winner as a special treat. They’d often ask if we could do it during the days they would come over for a playdate with their awesome Auntie!
This activity is also timeless as said niece and nephew are now 14 and 9 and I know they would love it if I suggested it again!
It also couldn’t be more simple, which is another reason I love it and can’t wait to do it again, once lockdown has been lifted, with our niece, who is nearly 3!
Cornflakes or Rice Krispies
Cooking chocolate (a 200g bar makes around 6 – 10 cakes)
A spoon and a bowl
How to make these delicious treats:
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or on the hob in a pan with boiling water, with the chocolate in a heatproof bowl resting above.
- Take the chocolate off the heat once it has melted and add in cornflakes.
- Mix the cornflakes into the chocolate – you’ll be surprised by just how many cornflakes you’ll be able to add!
- Spoon the chocolate-coated cornflakes into cupcake cases.
- Decorate with sprinkles, chocolate eggs, edible glitter or anything else that takes your fancy!
- Allow the cakes to set in the fridge for around 2 hours (this bit requires a bit of patience from the little ones!)
- Watch your children’s faces light up!
A simple, cheap and yummy activity that everyone in the family will enjoy, rain or shine! (Disclaimer, final product may not look quite as professional as the below)